About Me

My photo
I've always loved music and wanted to work in it. Well, you gotta start somewhere. See you at the top? Ok, cool.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

[Album Review] Britney Spears-Femme Fatale

I've been a huge Britney Spears fan since I was little. I remember having to set an alarm so I could go buy the "Britney" album at midnight. Yes, she has had her mishaps, and her bald headed hitting a paparazzi mini van with an umbrella is one of my favorite celebrity pictures of all time, but regardless of her personal issues of the past, she still makes good music. Even though many people sleep on "Blackout" its still probably one of my favorite Britney albums. "Femme Fatale" is definitely a club dance album. This is a ballad free zone. Which I think its good because dance music is her niche. Upon first listen I thought it got pretty boring in the middle and picked up momentum again at the end, but on a second listen I think the album is consistently strong. It is missing some of the dance variety that "Circus" had but its still a fun album. As usual, Britney keep her features at a minimum, with only will.i.am and Sabi, which I think is a good thing. However, for future remixes, it would be interesting to hear some rap on here. My favorite song is the album opener and the new single "Till the World Ends." I also like "Trip To Your Heart." I do recommend getting the deluxe edition because the bonus tracks are actual good songs that should have made the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment