About Me

My photo
I've always loved music and wanted to work in it. Well, you gotta start somewhere. See you at the top? Ok, cool.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

BET 2011 Awards Nominees/Who I Think Should Win

• Best Female R&B Artist
  • Marsha Ambrosius
  • Beyoncé
  • Keri Hilson
  • Jennifer Hudson
  • Rihanna
Based on this year, Rihanna.  "Loud" was much better than "Rated R" and she's had a lot of hit singles with it.  She might not be my favorite, but she's has had a good year.

Best Male R&B Artist
  • Chris Brown
  • Cee Lo Green
  • Bruno Mars
  • Trey Songz
  • Usher
Tough.  Trey Songz is an incredible R&B singer, however, Chris Brown put all 3 successful mixtapes in 2010 and a hit album out this year.  So if I had to pick one, Chris.

Best Group
  • Diddy-Dirty Money
  • Cali Swag District
  • N.E.R.D.
  • New Boyz
  • Travis Porter
I feel like it took forever to make the "Last Train to Paris" album.  And then it was actually good!
 That's so crazy to me, but they deserve this award.

Best Collaboration
  • B.o.B. featuring Haley Williams of Paramore, "Airplanes"
  • Chris Brown featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes, "Look at Me Now"
  • Chris Brown featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall, "Deuces"
  • Waka Flocka Flame featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale, "No Hands"
  • Rihanna featuring Drake, "What's My Name"
  • Kanye West featuring Rihanna, "All of The Lights"
For a mixtape song to become this popular and Grammy nominated, it must win.

Best Male Hip-Hop Artist
  • B.o.B.
  • Drake
  • Lil Wayne
  • Rick Ross
  • Kanye West

    The fact that I listen to "Thank Me Later" every day makes this an easy choice.  However, if Kanye won it would also be deserved
    Best Female Hip-Hop Artist
  • Diamond
  • Cymphonique
  • Lola Monroe
  • Nicki Minaj
 To be quite honest, I haven't really heard of the other nominees.  Also, her album did crazy well sales wise.

Video of the Year
  • Marsha Ambrosius, "Far Away"
  • B.o.B. featuring Hayley Williams of Paramore, "Airplanes"
  • Chris Brown featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes, "Look at Me Now"
  • Keri Hilson, "Pretty Girl Rock"
  • Willow Smith, "Whip My Hair"
  • Kanye West featuring Pusha T, "Runaway"
A 30 minute movie? Easy choice

Video Director of the Year
  • Benny Boom
  • Mr. Boomtown
  • Chris Robinson
  • Kanye West
  • Hype Williams
Collaborative effort on the Runaway film

Best New Artist
  • J. Cole
  • Bruno Mars
  • Miguel
  • Willow Smith
  • Wiz Khalifa
Please come out with an album this year! "Friday Night Lights" was crazy and he has had some amazing features.  However, how much longer am I going to have to wait for an album?!

Best Gospel
  • Byron Cage
  • Deitrick Haddon
  • Mary Mary
  • Karen Clark Sheard
  • BeBe & CeCe Winans
I don't listen to Gospel that much but I've always liked Mary Mary.  I always really hoped that Mariah Carey would put out a gospel album cuz I love her gospel-esque songs "Fly Like A Bird" and "I Wish You Well"

Best Actress
  • Halle Berry
  • Taraji P. Henson
  • Regina King
  • Zoe Saldana
  • Kerry Washington
She has played so many different roles that I really like her as an actress.

Best Actor
  • Laz Alonso
  • Chris Brown
  • Don Cheadle
  • Idris Elba
  • Jamie Foxx
Same reason as above.  And he's cameo in "Due Date" was hilarious
.
YoungStars Award
  • Shenell Edmonds
  • Keke Palmer
  • Diggy Simmons
  • Jaden Smith
  • Willow Smith
Simple choice because it took awhile for "Whip My Hair" to get out of my head.

Best Movie
  • Death at a Funeral
  • For Colored Girls
  • Takers
  • The Book of Eli
  • Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too?
I hate action movies, but I was on the edge of my seat with this one.


Subway Sportswoman of the Year
  • Tamika Catchings
  • Candice Dupree
  • Maya Moore
  • Serena Williams
  • Venus Williams


    I don't really watch sports

    Subway Sportsman of the Year
  • Carmelo Anthony
  • Kobe Bryant
  • LeBron James
  • Derrick Rose
  • Michael Vick
Even though I don't really watch sports, I have heard about LeBron all year long, especially when he switched teams.

Coca-Cola Viewers' Choice Nominees
  • Chris Brown featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes, "Look at Me Now"
  • Lil Wayne featuring Cory Gunz, "6 Foot 7 Foot"
  • Mindless Behavior, "My Girl"
  • Nicki Minaj featuring Drake, "Moment 4 Life"
  • Rihanna featuring Drake, "What's My Name"
  • Trey Songz featuring Nicki Minaj, "Bottoms Up"
I really do think this is one of the craziest rap songs of the year.

I can't really speak on the other categories because I'm not sure what the point of the Centric Award is and I'm not into international music, but here are the nominees.

Centric Award
  • Marsha Ambrosius
  • Eric Benet
  • Cee Lo Green
  • R. Kelly
  • Kem
Best International Act: Africa
  • 2Face Idibia (Nigeria)
  • D'Banj (Nigeria)
  • D-Black (Ghana)
  • Angelique Kidjo (Benin)
  • Fally Ipupa (Congo DR)
  • Teargas (South Africa)
Best International Act: UK
  • VV Brown
  • Chipmunk
  • Laura Izibor
  • Skepta
  • Tinchy Stryder
  • Tinie Tempah

No comments:

Post a Comment