About Me

My photo
I've always loved music and wanted to work in it. Well, you gotta start somewhere. See you at the top? Ok, cool.

Friday, July 1, 2011

2AM Club

As you can tell, I mostly listen to rap and hip-hop.  Which is great, I love that type of music, it is so thought provoking.  But since a lot of great artists sample or are influenced by different artists and genres of music, I thought I should also expand my taste.  So I did this by giving a soundtrack to a tv show I like, Pretty Little Liars, a try (Great soundtrack, I plan on reviewing it later.) One song I really liked on there was "Make You Mine" by 2AM Club (featured because they played the homecoming dance on an episode of Pretty Little Liars) and I decided to download their whole album to get more of a feel for them.  I really like their debut album "What Did You Think Was Going To Happen?"  I would describe the group to be a mix of Mike Posner, Maroon 5, and Gym Class Heroes.  Despite those similarities, its hard to describe the group.  I definitely recommend giving the album a chance.
Recently, they released their cover of "If It Isn't Love" by New Edition that you can download via their twitter here. Below is their video for "Worry About You." Also the New Edition video for "If It Isn't Love."


No comments:

Post a Comment