About Me

My photo
I've always loved music and wanted to work in it. Well, you gotta start somewhere. See you at the top? Ok, cool.

Monday, April 16, 2012

[Music Video] J. Cole-Sideline Story



Two pet peeves I have in videos:  Concert footage and big words popping up on the screen. I usually hate videos that are full of concert and behind the scenes footage. While the idea may seem very interesting and the artist might feel like "they are giving back to their fans."  It is usually boring, pointless and a cop out for making a real video.  The words popping out on the screen is usually dumb.  It is like show me, don't tell me.  Luckily, "Sideline Story" is not like that.  While there is concert and backstage footage, and the popping out of words it is cohesive and tells an actual story.  He is showing life in the game, off the sidelines and the bench.  This includes world traveling, concerts, and spending time with friends.  The cinematography is incredible, and I also enjoy the live performance footage.  "Sideline Story" is one of the songs that I play when I need inspiration to keep moving forward.  Another song is "I Wonder" by Kanye West and "Heart of A Lion" by Kid Cudi.

No comments:

Post a Comment