About Me

My photo
I've always loved music and wanted to work in it. Well, you gotta start somewhere. See you at the top? Ok, cool.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

[Album Review] Rihanna-Loud [Music Video] Rihanna What's My Name Feat Drake

Like Jersey Shore, wearing pajamas all day, and overpriced frozen yogurt, Rihanna is one of my guilty pleasures. I'm not a huge fan, I just enjoy listening to "Good Girl Gone Bad" when cleaning or working out, but I was extremely surprised when I become hooked to "Loud" and have been listening to it non stop this week. Many people said her last album, "Rated R" was a departure from her usually upbeat songs and a misstep, but I think "Loud" is a step in the right direction. It is filled with party songs and banging beats, which is Rihanna strength. Current song stuck in my head is "What's My Name feat Drake" but the album starts out fun with the song "S & M" and despite a few slower songs, is a party non stop. Stand out songs include "Cheers (Drink To That)" which samples Avril Lavigne "I'm with you," "Complicated" and "Raining Men feat Nicki Minaj". Rihanna even brings some island flavor with "Man Down". A song that seems out of place though is "California King Bed" which is a strange attempt at a ballad. The album is kinda short with only 11 songs, but it ends well with "Love the Way You Lie Pt. 2 feat Eminem." Sure, Rihanna might not be known for her voice like other artists are but the combination of her, the producers, and songwriters make hits. Overall, its a surprisingly fun escape from these cold fall/winter days.

No comments:

Post a Comment