About Me

My photo
I've always loved music and wanted to work in it. Well, you gotta start somewhere. See you at the top? Ok, cool.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Drake: My Favorite Verse: "The Calm"




"Uh, I'm just so far gone, october's own, Please leave me alone
Drunk off champagne screamin' in the phone
See my house is not a home, fuck is goin' on"


Intersesting choice for favorite lyric.  Its not a shoker, I just like how even though his music has become more commecial, he still favors his most personal verses.  I'm not sure what my favorite Drake verse is, but I feel like the first one that I really love was off "A Little Bit"

"The pressures on. Both hearts beat like a metronome. Both Nsync like a Justin song. Feels so right, but its just so wrong"


Many others come up though, depending on my mood and my current situation.  I just remember that was the first one that I had to take a second listen to and it made me smile since it was clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment